Project Name : Peace Messaging on Rickshaw, Horse Carts and Float in Multan & Muzaffargarh
The inflation of violence and terrorism rendered millions of people vulnerable affecting them major socio economically and psychologically in all over Pakistan. Different initiatives at national level were taken to cope up with these kinds of activities; on the other hand these activities badly hit people. Human Resource Development Network (HRDN) also contributing to bring positive changes in the lives of many. In this regard, HRDN implemented the project titled “Peace Messaging on Rickshaw, Horse Carts and Float in Multan and Muzaffargarh” for a period of 4 months starting from January to April 2015, cheap replica watches in 2 districts of south Punjab Multan and Muzaffargarh where terrorism activities are spreading rapidly. The purpose of the project is to ensure peace and tolerance in people by promoting peace messages and minimizing extremism activities through utilization of indigenous art combination and cultural rituals.
Thematic area: Peace campaign
Project duration: January 2015 to April 2015
Donor agency: USAID-TDEA
Geographical Location: South Punjab – Multan and Muzaffragrah
• To design with indigenous art combination and post the messages of peace, tolerance, respect for diversity and to good citizenship on 120 rickshaws, 40 tangas, and utilize 2 floats to spread messages in Multan & Muzaffargarh districts.
• To increase visibility of peace messaging to the public and to sensitize them to the ideals of peace and tolerance while creating a counter narrative to extremist messaging
• To give youth an alternative to joining extremist groups by providing them with opportunities to participate in activities and sensitizing them to the ideals of peace and tolerance
Achievement till date:
• Peace campaign with Rickshaw, Horse Carts and Float owners in targeted districts
• Mobilization on peace and tolerance
• Video documentary and special report containing peace and tolerance messages
• Training on project theme for project beneficiaries.