The HRDN was established to facilitate knowledge sharing by the professionals involved in the development of Human Resource.
Human Resource Development Network (HRDN) or HRD Network is a membership-based network of national and international NGOs and individual professionals. Promoting sustainable development, strengthening individual and institutional capacities and improving governance through evidence based policy advocacy is the primary focus of HRDN, which is strongly reflected in our ideology and program design.
Over the years, HRD Network emerged as a leading Network in the development sector of Pakistan that represents around 850 individual professionals, more than 145 national and international NGOs, Educational Institutions and Public and Private Sector Organizations working for the development of Pakistan. The Network also maintains a rich resource pool of more than 300 experts from diverse backgrounds, which provides technical assistance and capacity building support to organizations and individuals.
The Network’s extensive presence through its organizational and professional members positions it as a distinct network of not-for-profit sector in Pakistan which facilitates, contributes and implements innovative and challenging models of development and ensure knowledge sharing in collaboration with its members across Pakistan.
HRD Network has also established its programmatic focus and over the years piloted and rolled out many innovative models of development by successfully completing projects independently and in consortium with its member organizations. These projects were implemented in the areas of Youth Workforce Development, Primary Education, Governance, Transparency & Accountability, Capacity Building of Public Sector Organizations, Peace Advocacy, Women & Labor Rights, Economic Empowerment, WASH, Community Based Disaster Resilience & Risk Management, Emergency and Relief activities in collaboration and partnership with USAID, UNDP, UNICEF, UNESCO, UNOPS and other bilateral donors.
In the year 1999, the HRD Network (HRDN) was conceived as a platform of professionals working for human resource development in Pakistan, to network, learn and share knowledge and best practices. The idea of bringing professionals together gradually evolved into a vibrant and inclusive network of institutions and individuals working in different sectors contributing towards sustainable development of Pakistan. The Network was officially registered in 2002 under Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860. Also, HRDN is an IMCP and ISO 9001:2008 certified institution with its head office in Islamabad.
“To enhance the individual and institutional competencies by facilitating capacity development and evidence based policy advocacy”.
“Competent human resource to achieve professional excellence towards sustainable development”
- To provide a platform for exchanging ideas and experiences with a view towards promoting human development.
- To influence policy by evidence based advocacy towards sustainable development.
- To support individuals & organizations in improving training related research methodologies, improving training quality and capacity building endeavors.
- To establish and strengthen partnerships with national and international institutions and practitioners operating within the human development sphere.
- To set and regularly review quality and self-regulatory standards for development sector in light of best practices around the world;
- To organize national & international events in order to enhance development between partners and promote learning and knowledge sharing through networking.